Our Philosophy & VisionWe are committed to providing quality education for the children in our care
Natural Beginnings Childcare would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and pay respect to the Elders, past, present and future for they hold the memories, the traditions, the culture and hopes of Indigenous Australia.
Natural Beginnings Childcare promotes and supports the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children, their parents and communities. Through the development of quality relationships between child and parents, the uniqueness and giftedness of each child is appreciated and valued.
We are committed to providing quality education for the children in our care and to ensure that the children will find their time with us both enjoyable and educational. We are also committed to providing a family oriented style of education, where mutual respect for all underpins our philosophy.
- We will provide the children with a warm and friendly environment where they will feel safe and secure.
- We will provide a safe and well-supervised Centre.
- Children will be protected.
- We will provide an environment and educational program that will cater for the needs and interests of all children in our care and encourage the healthy development of physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and communication skills.
- We will provide play opportunities for the children to explore art, music, science, mathematics, language and movement to assist them in relating to their world.
- Children’s confidence and self-esteem will be promoted.
- Children’s needs will be met in all aspects relating to their care, allowing time for meals, rest, relaxation and play.
- Children’s health needs are supported, including healthy eating.
- We will encourage mutual respect between the children the staff and each other and all who they come into contact with.
- Children will be made to feel they have a sense of belonging in our service.
- We provide and inclusive programs to suit the needs of each child.
- We will create a learning environment, which encourages interaction and the development of relationships through playtime.
- Throughout the day children will be exposed to small groups, whole groups and individual learning experiences, which are developed from the needs and interests of each child.
- We will encourage children to be thoughtful, respectful and sensitive towards their natural environment.
- Sustainable practices will be promoted and implemented.
- Kindergarten children will be given opportunities that promote school readiness.
- Educators will record meaningful learning stories which will reflect the children’s voice.
- We will provide caring educators, which show genuine love, respect and concern for the children in their care.
- Educators will use positive language with all children.
- Educators will ensure the attachments formed with the children and their families are meaningful, respectful and professional.
- Educators will role model appropriate behaviors to the children.
- Educators will actively participate in professional development forums, courses, workshops, etc., and are open to opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Educators will work effectively as members of a team.
- Educators will show strong work ethics and morals.
- Educator’s strengths, skills, knowledge and beliefs will be shared with children, educators and families. Their views and ideas will be used to benefit the service.
- Educators will be actively involved in decision making processes on a daily basis and during educator meetings.
- Educators will be involved in policy, procedure and continuous improvement reviewing processes.
- Educators will be evaluated and document their professional development and goals once a year.
- Educators will be aware of their responsibility to respond to children at risk of child abuse.
- Educators will adhere to the National Regulations, National Quality Standards and National Quality Framework.
- We will respect the rights and opinions of parents/guardians and encourage their participation.
- Individual family needs will be respected and valued including various cultural beliefs and backgrounds.
- Families will be treated equally and with equity.
- Families will be encouraged to be involved in decision making processes.
- Families will be supported and helped in their parenting role.
- The community will be acknowledged and appreciated as a valuable resource.
- Community organisations will be encouraged to visit the centre in order to play a role in the children’s learning, experiences and development.
- We will build active relationships with community groups, liaise with them on a regular basis and maintain the relationship.